People eat to live and live to interact!
Our local Speech Pathologists work with children and adults to enable optimal function in both of these essential life skills through assisting with communication and swallowing difficulties. We provide comprehensive assessment and treatment, working closely with family and other professionals to achieve individualised goals
Vital Health Speech Pathologists can help with:
- Speech production – sound errors / articulation.
- Receptive Language – understanding what people say, new concepts and following instructions.
- Expressive Language – use of words and sentences, grammar.
- Literacy – reading, spelling and comprehension.
- Stuttering – fluent speech, sound / word repetitions.
- Listening Skills – hearing and auditory processing.
- Social Skills – relating to and interacting with others, humour, inference.
- Eating / Drinking – infant feeding, swallowing (dysphagia), picky eating, tongue tie.
- Augmentative & Alternative Communication (AAC) – use of sign, or other aids eg picture symbols / communication devices.
- Voice – production and quality of voice
Our Speech Pathologists may have additional training in delivering specific programs including:
- Hanen It Takes Two to Talk – for early language
- SOS Feeding for fussy eaters
- Lidcombe Program for Stuttering
- SPELD – Sounds Write Program for Literacy
- PECS + PODD – as well as other AAC systems
We work closely with other professionals who may be involved in providing holistic care, including: Paediatricians, Ear Nose and Throat Specialists (ENT), GP’s, Teachers Paediatric Dentists, Clinical Psychologists.
Our clinical team live and work in rural communities. We have a unique understanding of the specific needs of families on properties or in small towns. All Vital Health Speech Pathologists can see clients in person or via Telehealth to support increased access to therapy.
Comments are closed.